Course Code: 2013_MBF_1DAY
Start Date: Jan 26, 2013
End Date: Jan 26, 2013
Start Time: 8:00 AM
End Time: 6:00 PM
Location: Hilton Long Beach & Executive Meeting Center
701 West Ocean Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90831
To book a room at the special conference rate of $139/night, call 1-800-HILTONS (445-8667) and use code YOGAFIT MBF by December 23, 2013.
Total Seats: 20
Contact Name: Jenny Baldwin
This training is not currently available.
This program was developed to help personal trainers incorporate yoga into their one-on-one sessions. Trainers can use yoga postures as their primary training method, or just incorporate it into the beginning and/or end of their weight training session. Finally, and not to be underestimated, Trainers can incorporate YogaFit's Transformational Language® into the work with their clients to encourage and motivate clients through positive/affirmative language that incorporates awareness and process orientation.
• Foundational alignment principles (SPA) for yoga drawn from exercise science for safety, while preserving
the effectiveness and traditional form of the poses.
• Precise alignment for the most effective and widely-used 38 basic postures of yoga.
• Transformational Language for motivation and mind/body awareness
• To assess your client's need for postures based on range of motion (ROM), postural assessment, and muscle
balance, using a technique we call Asana Practice Screen (APS).
• How you might incorporate foundational standing poses/asanas as a base strength stance for the legs, while
using weights for the upper body, for a combination training method that is highly effective (Warrior 1
stance with bicep curls).
• YogaFit Essence to create a mind/body experience, reduce stress, promote relaxation, and RETAIN CLIENTS
because they feel great!
• The importance of breath and relaxation for stress reduction for overall health, and how to incorporate
breath effectively into your sessions.
Yoga for Personal Trainers Manual
1-Day Course (usually from 8am – 6pm; days and times may vary)
The Early Bird cut -off date is one month PRIOR to the scheduled training date. Late Pricing goes into effect if registering 7 days or less PRIOR to the scheduled Training Date.
TBD – Currently in the application proces
Certification: A “Certificate of Completion” will be presented at the end of training or be mailed to you, once the application process is complete.
Level 1 is highly recommended.
Training Registration Policies: Please read our Terms and Conditions prior to registering for a training.
A minimum number of registrations must be made in order for the training/event to take place. The minimum is typically 12, but may vary.
Attention New Students: If you are taking a YogaFit Teacher Training for the very first time, it is mandatory that you obtain a copy of Beth Shaw's, YogaFit (2nd Ed.), prior to the training. This text is a tremendous resource to have read prior to the first training taken with YogaFit and will give you a head start into the program.